The Office of the Vice President for Research is offering an orientation session for new and early-career faculty members, research scientists, and research staff in all departments and disciplines twice during the fall 2010 semester:
- Wednesday, September 29th – 10:00 to 11:30 AM - 2520D UCC\
- Thursday, September 30th – 3:30 to 5:00 PM – 1117 MERF
Participants will be introduced to OVPR staff, various research offices, and sources of information that will assist them in obtaining extramural funding and running a more productive and compliant research program. Among the topics covered will be:
- Research Development -- identifying funding sources, proposal development assistance
- Research Administration – proposal routing, pre and post-award administrative issues
- Research Compliance – use of human, animal subjects or hazardous materials, responsible conduct of research, conflict of interest.
For more information and registration information for the orientation session, please visit: https://provost.uiowa.edu/gps